I am an Italian game designer and game design consultant based in Edinburgh (Scotland) with a speciality in game, level, and narrative design. I work in the gaming industry and as a freelancer and consultant in my spare time for indie developers and studios. The full range of my services and expertise includes (but not limited to):
- Brainstorm and research sessions
- Tailored design requests (e.g. design a level, systems, or mechanics)
- Open advising and consultancy via booked appointments (chat/voice call)
- Content review (game design, level design, and narrative design)
- Feedback to improve your game according to your deadlines
- Helping to structure the overall design processes and workflow
- Team management
- Clear and effective design documentation and tools (e.g. Trello, Google Workspace, Notion, etc.)
- Teaching & training
- Defining a cohesive game direction with you in line with the market
- Provide you with a list of assignments to improve your game and knowledge
I am pretty flexible in the way I provide help and support to best suits your needs. Here are some examples with estimated hourly-wages based on past collaboration:
- Free 1 chat-based assessment (20 minutes).
- Scheduled text-chats (25$/hr) or voice-calls (25$/hr) for consultancy, feedback and evaluation of your work, brainstorming sessions, and similar. This can be done either in 30 minutes or 1-hour sessions
- Independent work involving the production of documentation, articles, spreadsheets, written analysis and evaluation, levels inside a level editor or engine, rapid prototyping, and similar work. Contact me for further information (30$/hr)
- Live support via chat and google spreadsheet (30$/hr)
- I record the work and timings in a spreadsheet so you can keep track of the work I do
Andrea and I have worked together on several game development projects, including the Global Game Jam. Working with Andrea was a pleasure, as he is intelligent, full of great ideas, and a complete professional. I’ve always been impressed with his deep understanding of game design and development, which he continuously develops. I would highly recommend Andrea to anyone, and would enjoy working with him again in future.
Andrea provided his game/level design skills to an ongoing project. He is fantastic to work with, very professional and he can take criticism. He has a broad set of skills that don’t commonly overlap amongst developers (software engineering/game design) however for the job do overlap which is invaluable. I highly recommend Andrea to anyone who wants to ‘get serious’ about game design.
Andrea lent his game/level design skills for our upcoming puzzle project, and let me start this by saying that he did a phenomenal job. Right from the beginning, he quickly grasped the core mechanics and the nuisances around it to deliver some high-quality and witty levels. Even though his primary duties involved designing levels, he wasn’t shy of sharing his inputs on game design whenever he sensed a flaw, and the team welcomed his inputs on improving the game. I can’t recommend Andrea enough and wish him good luck for all his future endeavours. We are surely going to collaborate with him again for future projects.
If you want to work with me or you need a service that is not listed above please get in contact with me by sending an email at firstname.lastname@example.org